Monday, July 27, 2009

What our readers have to say:

Not Becoming My Mother by Ruth Reichl
I actually read this whole book, but considered giving up several times. Tender at the Bone is much better.

Beakers Dozen by Nancy Kress
Collection of short stories. Some stories are great, some awful. Not Nancy Kress's best work.

A Mercy by Toni Morrison
At times difficult to follow. Requires effort by the reader but worth it. Moving, memorable. Could not put it down.

Probability Moon by Nancy Kress
It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I enjoyed this science fiction novel.

The Shack by Wm Paul Young
I loved this book. You will benefit most if you can read it with an open mind. The characters are presented very differently than we have learned in our past, but at the same time enlightening. Highly recommended!

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
Laugh-out-loud funny as always. If you've never read this series, start-you won't want to stop!

No comments: